August 2, 2007

Here are some tiny fleece baby shoes made to look like the old fashioned 'Mary Janes'. In this picture I had just completed the embroidery on the toes using what is called a Boullion Stitch. It's my first attempt at making roses which I needed to learn because I could not find the appliques I had in mind.


Except for the buttons, the shoes are now finished. I was supposed to glue rick-rack around the top but opted instead to trim them with thread to match the fleece. I'm pleased with the result and am now on the look out for some real wool felt to make another pair. I could make my own felt but I'm still a novice in the art and my handmade felt would be too thick to sew up. Maybe I'll try the thrift stores for an old garment I can cut up.

2 comments:

  1. These are incredible Mum! Absolutely gorgeous. - stace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee thanks, Stace! It was fun making them.

    ReplyDelete