May 13, 2007

A tribute to my mother on Mother's Day

My mother left her earthly home in 2003. She was the most beautiful woman I have ever known; so sweet and gentle, loving and kind, and I'm so thankful she was mine.

She had 5 children and endured all our childish antics with the utmost of patience - no matter what we did she loved us all the same. She had 19 grandchildren and gave lovingly and generously to each and every one.

We miss her terribly but take solace in the fact that the day will come when we will be together once again.

I came accross this little poem which, I'm convinced, must have been written about her...

WONDERFUL MOTHER

God made a wonderful mother,

A mother who never grows old;

He made her smile of the sunshine,

And He molded her heart of pure gold;

In her eyes He placed bright shining stars,

In her cheeks fair roses you see;

God made a wonderful mother,

And He gave that dear mother to me.


(by Pat O'Reilly)



My mother's favourite song

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous13 May, 2007

    ...those traits must be in the genes, cause i have wonderful mother just like that! ;)

    i love you mum, happy mother's day!
    xo, 3d (your 3rd daughter)

    ReplyDelete